Football Management & Technology

Wednesday’s Premier Division South Round-Up


Date: Thu 15 Sep 2022

By Steve Whitney

There were three matches in the Pitching In Southern League Premier Division South on Wednesday night.

James Harding - brace

James Harding – brace

And the two teams with unbeaten records, Truro City and Weston-super-Mare, maintained that after sharing a 0-0 draw at Bolitho Park.

Despite the lack of goals, it certainly wasn’t a dull game, although both sides will probably be satisfied with a point apiece.

Swindon Supermarine moved up to fourth in the fledgling table after a 3-2 win against Dorchester Town at the Webbswood Stadium.

The Magpies travelled to Wiltshire with four wins and a draw from their six matches.

Harry Williams gave the home side an early 7th-minute lead with a fine strike from the edge of the area.

However, Dorchester struck back and got a deserved equaliser in the 38th minute from Shaquille Gwengwe.

And then 5 minutes into the second half, the visitors took the lead with a low drive into the near post by Charlie Gunson.

On the hour-mark, `Marine were awarded a penalty when sub James Harding was brought down.

It was Harding who took the spot-kick, but he saw his effort saved by Dorchester `keeper Harrison Lee.

But Harding wasn’t to be denied and he did manage to equalise with a brave header from a loose ball on 70 minutes.

And just 3 minutes later, Harding scored what proved to be the home side’s winner with a curling effort into the top corner.

Tiverton Town recorded their second win against a Yate Town side who have recorded just the one league win to date under new boss Peter Beadle.

The Yellows won 4-2 at the Ian Moorcroft Stadium, taking an 8th minute lead with a powerful header from Jamie Richards.

Tivvy missed several golden opportunities to increase their lead but were dealt a sucker punch right on the stroke of half-time when the Bluebells equalised when a Toby Raison cross somehow found its way into the back of the net.

The hosts did restore their lead 8 minutes after the break when Yate failed to clear a corner and Jordan Lam fired home.

Then on 78 minutes, Matty Buchan’s shot was parried by Yate keeper Martin Horsell and Niall Thompson was on hand to poke home the rebound to make it 3-1.

In the first minute of stoppage time, Zach Drew reduced the deficit to one, only for Dylan Jones to make sure with Tiverton’s fourth in the 4th minute of added time.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button