Football Management & Technology

Tuesday`s Premier Division South Round-Up


Date: Wed 28 Sep 2022

By Steve Whitney

The top two in the Pitching In Southern League Premier Division South table, Weston-super-Mare and Truro City, both won on Tuesday night and now have a six and four-point lead over third-place Chesham United in the fledgling table.

Weston v Yate

Weston v Yate

Weston beat a Swindon Supermarine side who are fifth by 3-1 at the Optima Stadium in front of an impressive 769.

And they had to come back from being a 10th-minute James Harding goal down too.

Crucially, Reuben Reid equalised a minute before half-time and just 4 minutes after the restart, Dayle Grubb out the Seasiders in front.

With 15 minutes remaining, Marlon Jackson made sure of the points with Weston’s third.

Truro were made to scrap for their win at the South West Interiors Stadium against bottom-markers Yate Town.

And they left it very, very late.

It was the hosts who took an early 9th-minute lead through Zach Drew, only for Tyler Harvey to level 9 minutes later.

It looked as though the Bluebells were going to hold on for a point – until Truro were awarded a free-kick in the 5th minute of stoppage time at the end of the game when Ryan Brett headed home a late winner for the White Tigers.

Truro’s ground tenants, Plymouth Parkway, finally achieved their first win at Step 3 level when they won 3-1 at Bolitho Park against Salisbury.

Ben Seymour gave the hosts a 20th-minute lead they held until the break.

Mike Williams put them two-up after 65 minutes, only for the Whites to respond within 4 minutes through Charlie Davis.

But the nerves were finally ended, and a first three-point haul was achieved when Jack Crago made it 3-1 in the 5th minute of stoppage time.

Chesham lost ground when they were held to a 0-0 draw at Silver Jubilee Park by a Hendon side who have still only won once to date.

Dorchester Town’s decent start has stumbled as they recorded back-to-back defeats – this time at the Avenue Stadium against Tiverton Town.

After a goalless opening 45 minutes, it was the Yellows who broke the deadlock just 8 minutes into the second half through Matt Buchan.

Jamie Richards then doubled Tivvy’s lead 9 minutes later, and although Matt Neale pulled one back in the 72nd minute, the Magpies couldn’t find a leveller.

Merthyr Town, whose game at Chesham was abandoned last Saturday, enjoyed a 5-2 win at the Met Coaches Stadium against Winchester City in front of 427.

Tom Handley put the Martyrs ahead after 6 minutes, only for Max Smith to equalise just 3 minutes later.

But by the time Claudio Herbert netted the Citizens second 13 minutes from time, they were 5-1 down!

Goals from Ricardo Rees after 17 minutes, Lewis Powell on 34 minutes and Alex John on 42 minutes made it 4-1 by the break.

And then Frazer Thomas made it a nap hand for the hosts in the 63rd minute.

The evening’s other game saw Hayes & Yeading United make their first trip to promoted North Leigh – both looking to come back from single-goal losses last weekend.

And it finished honours` even at Eynsham Park with Taylor Miles` 11th-minute opener for the visitors eventually being cancelled out by Jordan Thomas 15 minutes from time.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button