Sports News

PREMIER DIVISION ROUND UP – The Official Website Of The Essex Senior Football League


Print Friendly, PDF & Email


Romford second half comeback rescues a point. Luke Parrot opened the scoring for Woodford 24th minutes into the game, Woodford would then score 2 goals in 2 minutes, the first by Alejandro Machsdo in the 39th minutes, only a minute later winger Kyrell Lisbie made it 3-0 to the away side. After the interval the comeback would begin with a penalty being awarded to Romford, which would be dispatched by Lewis Smith 15 minutes after the break, 10 minutes later Emmanuel Robe would half the deficit by driving the ball home to set up a great finish. Woodford would not be able to hold on for the 3 points, in form striker Jake Gordon would complete the comeback in the 95 minute! A great game with a wonderful comeback.

Romford 3-3 Woodford Town

Luke parrot 24 (WTFC)

Alejandro machsdo 39 (WTFC)

Kyrell lisbie 40 (WTFC)

Lewis smith penalty 60 (RFC)

Emmanuel robe 70 (RFC)

Jake Gordon 95 (RFC)

Att – 125


White Ensign win 7 goal thriller with a last gasp winner. There was an action packed start to the fixture with 4 goals within the first 20 minutes, Joel Older with the opener only 3 minutes into the game with a great finish, White Ensign levelled the game up through Allen, but Halstead would swiftly get back in front, Blackwell swept the ball home in the 14 minute, Joel Older would add to his tally to grab a brace and make it 3-1 going into half time. Portway would then grab a double himself to level the game, the first in the 54th minute and the second in the 72nd, as the game looked to be ending as a 3-3 draw, an unfortunate own goal by Schelvis gave White Ensign 3 points.

Older 3 , 17  (HAL)

Blackwell 14  (HAL)

Allen 10 (WE)

Portway 54, 72  (WE)

(og) Schelvis 90+2  (WE)

Attendance 257


FC Clacton win away from home in entertaining fixture. Mekhi McKenzie got the away side off to a good start firing home, Little Oakley drew level just before half time through Harry Mann, however they wouldn’t go into the break on equal terms as McKenzie scored again in the 6th minute of added time in the first half. After the break Harry Mann would also grab a second goal to level the scoring again, however FC Clacton would get back in front but this time it was a different scorer, Chris Ribchester would be the man to score the winner and earn his side 3 points.

Harry Mann 44, 51 (LO)

Mekhi McKenzie 8,  45+6 (FCC)

Chris Ribchester 61 (FCC)

ATT 153


Enfield continue their good form, coming from behind to earn 3 points. Buckhurst would strike first, Suleymam Zuhru scoring in the 13th minute from the spot. After the interval Enfield levelled the game, Reece Conway finding the back of the net 5 minutes after half time, Dwade James would fire Enfield in front to complete the turn around. Jeffrey Cobblah would add a third for Enfield in the 81st minute.

Reece Conway 50 (ENF)

Dwade James 68 (ENF)

Jeffrey Cobblah 81 (ENF)

Suleymam Zuhru 13 pen (BH)

Att 175


West Essex with a convincing win at home. Ilford would go in front through Harry Rawlins in the 22nd minute, West Essex would fight back, Cameron Gray scoring to send the teams level going into the break. Cameron Gray would get his second to get his team  ahead in the 69th minute, Oliseh Okuguni would add a third for the home side to secure the 3 points.

Cameron Gray 28, 69 (WES)

Oliseh Okuguni 79 (WES)

Harry Rawlins 22 (IL)

ATT 101


Redbridge bounce back with a win. George Powell got his side off to a great start, scoring within 3 minutes to put his side in front with the sole goal of the first 45. A half time team talk must have got the Redbridge players awake as they turned the scoreline around, Nathan Okye finding the net first, then new signing Daniel Okah putting his team ahead in the 67th minute. Tayo Okulolu added a third, giving Redbridge some breathing space, Takeley did cut the gap in half as Jedi Oguntunga scored a consolation.

George Powell 3 (TAK)

Jedi Oguntunga 90+2 (TAK)

Nathan Okye 55 (RED)

Daniel Okah 67 (RED)

Tayo Okulolu 87 (RED)

Att 81


Barking score 3 to earn 3 points. In form striker Luke Hirst continued his fine goal scoring form, he opened the scoring 14 minutes into the game, after the break, Tim Ogunrinde doubled the lead for Barking who responded well to last week’s defeat to Saffron Walden, Ronaldo Kapica put the cherry on the cake for Barking in the 88th minute.

Luke Hirst 14 (BAR)

Tim Ogunrinde 54 (BAR)

Ronaldo Kapica 88 (BAR)

Att – 81


Saffron Walden win in front of big home crowd. A great attendance of 295 were certainly entertained with 5 goals scored, Craig Calver found the back of the net first, but Ernest Okoh hit back for Stanway in the 25th minute, but Calver responded with another goal before the end of the first half, sending his side 2-1 up going into half time. Cameron Watson fired home for the home side just after the break before Ezequiel Frenchi hit back for Stanway, however Walden managed to hold on and earn another 3 points.

Craig Calver – 17, 39 (SWFC)

Cameron Watson 50 (SWFC)

Ernest Okoh 25 (SWR)

Ezequiel Franchi  58 (SWR)

Attendance 295


Points shared in a 6 goal contest. An entertaining game involving Newham again, Stansted earned a good point away from home, the standout goal again is a Connor Hammond trademark free kick, curling the ball around the wall into the corner of the goal.

Joel Appiah (AN)

Jailson Seidi (AN)

Andrew Greenslade (AN)

Connor Hammond (STED)

Attendance: 24


Drama filled scored draw at Crofters End. While neither team were able to grab a winner, the game was closely contested for the full 90 minutes, Sawbridgeworth goalkeeper George Edgeworth was dismissed with 30 minutes to play and was replaced with central defender Jake Knight in goal. Southend Manor were not able to score against the makeshift goalkeeper, but a point is a step in the right direction for Manor, who may find themselves a bit lucky a huge penalty appeal was waved away by the official in the 89th minute.

Att – 69


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button