Paulo Dybala is one among the three Juventus players said to have attended a large gathering on Wednesday. The Juventus forward has taken it upon himself to apologise.
Juventus forward Paulo Dybala has apologised for breaching coronavirus protocols by attending a get-together with some of his team-mates.
La Stampa ,Italian newspaper reported on Thursday that police were called to the house of Weston McKennie late on Wednesday to stop a party attended by up to 20 people.
Arthur is also alleged to have been in the Turin property and all three players are said to be facing large fines, and possibly a suspension, for attending the lockdown gathering.
Although Juventus have yet to officially comment on the reports, but Paulo Dybala took to Instagram on Thursday to confirm he was present.
“I know that in such a difficult moment for the world with COVID it would’ve been better not to make a mistake, but I was wrong to stay out to dinner,” he said.
“It wasn’t a party, but I was wrong anyway and I apologise.”
Juventus announced earlier on Thursday that Leonardo Bonucci and Merih Demiral have tested positive for COVID-19.