Football Management & Technology

Friday Night’s Emirates FA Cup Round-Up


Date: Sat 03 Sep 2022

By Steve Whitney

Three clubs from the Pitching In Southern Football League were in Emirates FA Cup First Qualifying Round action on Friday night.

Replay for Stourbridge (Focus Dunn Sports Photography)

Replay for Stourbridge (Focus Dunn Sports Photography)

Premier Division South club Winchester City eased through their tricky test away at Wessex League Premier side Baffins Milton Rovers.

Max Smith gave the Citizens a 19th-minute lead that Silva Obeng added to in the 36th minute.

Then, just shy of the hour-mark, Harry Brooks made it 3-0 to City.

A delay due to a nasty-looking injury to Rovers` Dillon North saw quite a bit of stoppage time added and in the first minute of that, Dan Neild scored Winchester’s fourth.

The home side were awarded a consolation penalty shortly afterwards which Charlie Oakwell netted 7 minutes into overtime, and there was still time for City to make it a nap hand, courtesy of an own goal in the 99th minute.

Premier Division Central club Stourbridge face an away replay after sharing a 2-2 draw at the War Memorial Athletic Ground against Northern Premier Division One West newcomers Hanley Town.

The Glassboys got off to a good start when new signing, Tyler Lyttle – son of former Nottingham Forest’s Des – scored on debut after just 8 minutes.

But the side promoted from the North West Counties League equalised through Jacob Twyford 8 minutes before half-time.

Just 3 minutes into the second period, Chris Knight restored the home side’s lead.

However, the side from the Potteries earned a chance at home when James Lawrie made it 2-2 just 5 minutes later.

Division One Central outfit Aylesbury United face a tough task as they met Isthmian League Premier Division side Margate at The Meadow.

After a fairly even opening in which Aylesbury probably shaded on chances, Margate suffered a blow just seconds before the half-time whistle when they had Montrell Deslandes sent-off following a bit of a melee in the Ducks half.

The interval coming so soon afterwards though allowed the visitors to re-organise and they broke the deadlock in the 70th minute when Harvey Smith was the quickest to react when a free-kick came into the Aylesbury box and score what proved to be the winner.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button